Vertex BD Software Support Engineer
Location: Bedford, MA
Software Support Engineers work on all technical aspects of the Vertex BD building design software including installation, setup, customization, training and technical support services. The ideal candidate will have experience with CAD and/or BIM software, Microsoft Windows and Office applications, some computer programming skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide technical support to users of Vertex BD building design software via telephone, email, online, and on-site.
- Follow and manage problem resolutions from initial report to completion.
- Conduct basic and advanced user training courses.
- Provide customization services utilizing Vertex BD, application development tools (similar to BASIC programming language), and database settings.
- Develop a good understanding of customer requirements and their operational processes.
- Actively manage customer support issues and advocate client needs while working together with software developers during problem resolutions.
- Assist software development with testing, research, and resolution of issues involving the use and implementation of software.
- Assist sales by providing technical support, software demonstrations, and occasionally attending industry conventions.
- 4 year Engineering/Architectural degree or equivalent experience
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret technical questions
- CAD or BIM experience in building design and/or product design applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some computer programming experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must be able to work in fast paced, demanding client environments
- Travel required (10 to 20%)
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) plan.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org